Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Creativity and New Media

Last summer Pokémon Go was released as an augmented reality game for mobile devices, where users can interact with others and experience 'life' as a trainer in the world of Pokémon.  This app created a movement of users and it seemed like everyone was walking around with their phones out capturing Pokémon.  Being one of the last people to download the game, this is how I spent my weekend with a few friends after creating a new account:

 My Avatar 

 Catching Pokémon on the street
 

3 comments:

  1. Using your Pokemon avatar was such a good idea like who didn't play Pokemon when it came out. My friends and I all downloaded Pokemon and we would always battle each other which was really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pokemon Go totally slipped my mind when I was thinking about creativity and new media. It's a great point to make though, I remember all my friends and family were so addicted to this game. They would literally go out and try to capture whatever pokemon that was near by (that was worth the walk). I never downloaded the game, but it did look like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pokemon Go is so AMAZING. This game promoted social interaction and exercise, two things I feel like most of our new media is actually negatively influencing. Although it isn't the fault of the new media, the media happens to be a tool that we are using that is harming us in some ways. How ever we need more and more games and activities like this that promote social interaction and exercise. Playgrounds aren't as full as they used to be.

    ReplyDelete